Sunday, February 28, 2010

365 Photo Project - Day 59


Taken: February 28, 2010, approx. 12:15 p.m.
Location: Healdsburg, CA

I'm staying in bed all day today. Low-grade fever, chills, sore throat and gnarly cough. No fun. Especially when outside, the day is bright and sunny and the winter rains have left the landscape a vibrant, golf-course green.

Been watching the USA-Canada Gold Medal hockey game (which just went into overtime), remembering my early L.A. sportswriter days when I got a chance to help cover the Stanley Cup Finals (Gretzky's Kings vs. Montreal and a young goalie named Patrick Roy). I'm not much of a hockey fan but I dig these heart-pounding medal games and even the NHL Playoffs, particularly in the late rounds in tightly-contested series.  My knowledge of hockey is limited I admit, but it seems to me the Canadians have outplayed the U.S. most of the game and if they had a better goalie, they'd already be on the top of the medal stand. The Canadians have the best player on the ice in Sidney Crosby but the advantage in net is with the U.S. This should be a fun finish.  

My area for taking photos today is limited to what I shoot around the house today. The pugs have been good subjects, but I like this shot of the oak over the garage, with the sharp sun filtered through the branches. Feels like spring is almost here.

Taken with my K100D and edited a bit with Photoshop.

No comments: