Wednesday, February 17, 2010

365 Photo Project - Day 48


Taken: February 17, 2010, approx. 2 p.m.
Location: Dry Creek Road, Healdsburg, CA

Today's my birthday. Anybody who knows me knows I love birthdays. And right now I'm in the middle of celebrating my day so this post is gonna be short and sweet.  I believe in making a big deal on your birthday. Hell, if you think about it, no matter how old you are, you've beaten some crazy odds to even being here. Getting older, like it or not, is the reward. Consider the opposite and you'll understand what I mean. So take it from me, live it like you mean it. In other words, follow your bliss y'all. 

Took another drive out Dry Creek Road today. It was such a beautiful day -- my temp gage in the car hit 77 degrees. Not bad for a non-tropical locale in the middle of February. 

I believe that's mustard seed growing in between the vines. I'm told it helps keep the ground fertile while the vines get everything they need to grow them there grapes when the time comes. 

Shot this with my K100 and edited in Photoshop. 

3 comments:

igetcreative said...

Beautiful picture and beautiful sentiment… and I totally agree, birthday's should be celebrated for at least one week… and with abandonment, joy and loved ones!!! Too bad I am not there to celebrate our day together!! Love ya Sis!!

Jeff Vaca said...

Happy birthday! I also believe in making a big deal about birthdays...and considering my 50th comes this year, I'm thinking of making it a "birthmonth."

S.O.L. said...

Thanks, Sue! Same to you. When was the last time we celebrated our birthday in the same place? We need to do that one of these years.

Thanks, Jeff! Nice to see you here. That's a big milestone -- make it count! :-D