Friday, February 12, 2010

365 Photo Project - Day 43


Taken: February 12, 20101, appox. 3 p.m.
Location: Healdsburg, Ca. Russian River

The Russian River and the bridge that crosses it near Memorial Park in Healdsburg, Ca., is rapidly becoming my favorite subject around here.  I'm sure it's partly because I cross it nearly every day on my way to my office. No matter how many times I photograph it or from which angle, there always seems to be something that catches my fascination.

Who doesn't love these old iron bridges anyway? Today after a brief break in a steady, light rain I went outside to run a couple of errands. On the way back, I stopped to shoot some photos, just as the rain started to fall again. The Russian is still rolling fierce, though the muddy color is mostly gone. That and the warming weather made me think about spring. And sunshine and bright, blue skies and lovely little breezes that bring hope on their wings. That's me, daydreaming again.

Taken with my K100D and edited in Photoshop where I added some filters, contrast and other dabblings, trying to go slightly retro. Like a Hudson River school painting. Sort of. Incidentally, I grew up on the Hudson. No wonder I like rivers.

No comments: