Tuesday, February 23, 2010

365 Photo Project - Day 54

Taken: February 23, 2010, approx. 4:15 p.m.
Location: Healdsburg, Ca

It rained today. And rained and rained some more. Buckets and buckets. Just when we thought it was safe to think warm thoughts of spring,  Mother Nature drops cold temps and a shitload of water on our heads. Bum-mer.

When you live some place rural, rain can be lovely, even spectacular but it's almost always a big mess. Like the ceiling of your life is leaking. Like you're dragging all your problems in from the storm. Seems fitting these days when I've felt as unsettled as ever. Like I'm living in a limbo between where I was and where I'm headed, waiting for my own private Godot.  For me, rain hastens these feelings of uncertainty and just like the mud, nothing feels solid under foot. I slip and slide and even the progress is a fail, like moving ahead is just keeping from going backward.

The rain will stop. I know this. The sun waits behind the clouds, it's warmth a promise of a bright new day soon, maybe even tomorrow. Still, it's the moments I need to consider, to focus on. They are here and gone literally in the blink of an eye. Poof, goodbye. That's not news. Hell, I think I'm gonna leave the big picture for someone else. 

Taken with my K100D and edited slightly in Photoshop.

1 comment:

Ross said...

I love this pic!