Sunday, February 21, 2010

365 Photo Project - Day 52

Taken: February 21, 2010, approx. 10:30 p.m.
Location: Healdsburg, CA

To know me well is to know I love good food and that I learned much of what I know about food from my husband. He's the expert cook of the house. The days each year when I actually make a real dinner well you can count them on one hand and I'll probably be eating by myself.

The one thing my husband trusts me with in the kitchen -- except doing the dishes -- is baking. I'm no expert at that either but I find it's sometimes cathartic. He's been asking me for a few days to try some whole wheat flour muffins he read about in the New York Times in Mark Bittman's column. Tonight, I gave them a try. I haven't tried them yet, but they sure did look good enough to photograph. So I did.

I often take photos of my husband's cooking creations but like I've mentioned in earlier blog posts, I lack the skills and the knowledge to take photos in bad light -- and the light in the house where we live is terrible. But I still experiment and I'm getting a little better at it. I was running out of ideas for today's photo so I settled with my newly minted muffins. Bon appetite.

Taken with my K100D, 18mm lens and the internal flash. Gently edited in Photoshop.

No comments: