Thursday, April 8, 2010

365 Photo Project - Day 98

Taken: April 8, 2010, noon
Location: Healdsburg, CA

This is going to be a very quick drive-by post. I'm working late tonight writing, trying to find the rhythm of a script that's due in a ridiculously short amount of time.  And right now, said script is kicking me five ways to Sunday and then some. (Otherwise I wouldn't be here right now). But fair warning: for the next few days, deadlines will take precedence over blog lines.

I must say just one small thing about the day. It was breathtakingly perfect.  Warm and comfy, with skies so clear and blue they made me want to cry. The true grace of it was the crisp early-spring breeze that tempered the heat, that made it possible to stand outside your favorite coffee shop and lean against a parked car and talk to a friend you just happened to run into as the sun was taking its final bows for the day.

Days like today I just want to live in eternal springtime.

The shot here is out in that cool-ass backyard our ours. It's similar to an image I used back on Day 18 -- taken through a canopy of the oaks that surround the house. Interesting to see how the view has changed from January to today.  And also how differently I'm looking at the same landscape. One thing I hope is that I'll learn and grow as a photographer over this project and going back to the same places over and over will tell that tale.

This was taken with the trusty K100D, which has been a little cranky lately -- starting to worry it won't make it through the year with me  (anybody have friends at Pentax?) -- but there's no turning back now. Not with day 100 quickly approaching. Anyway, I gotta hunker down for another hour or two. Catch y'all on the flip side.

1 comment:

Rebecca Palm* Gallimaufry Photography* said...

I wish I lived in the country. I am totally envious of your backyard! Also, I loved your novel excerpt and I can't wait to read the finished book.