Monday, April 26, 2010

365 Photo Project - Day 114

Taken: April 24, 2010, 7 p.m.
Location: Healdsburg, Ca

Stop me if you've heard this before but I had a mini revelation this weekend. The big lightbulb? Make my life simpler. So okay I realize you didn't just faint dead of shock right there but seriously, is there anyone you know that doesn't make their lives harder? Not only by the choices they make but the things they don't do?

I'm guiltier than most. I put off things until the 11th hour when I'm forced to deal with something that some part of me probably hoped would magically disappear.

Bad enough when we do it to ourselves but much worse when we make things harder on the people in our lives. Harder to see yourself doing that, too.

I've always gotten a buzz from helping people. I know in that is an inate selfishness but if that's what you call the wonderful high I get when I can do a good turn for another person, than so be it. I know what's in my heart - don't gotta prove nothing to nobody.

I'm not the only person who faces the tasks of one's life in a seemingly shrinking time frame. More stuff to do - fewer hours to do it in. My answer today is to simplify and organize. To make my life easier in practice if not reality.

Possibly harder than it sounds naturally. But then easy is its own make-believe, providing there's any truth to the hard road being the best road. It often is if your goal is not simply to get there but to arrive a more complete person.

Today, I'm going to take baby steps toward arranging my life a little better. Putting the focus on the work, getting stuff done, letting focus back in house. Organize. Simplify. Gotta starrt somewhere.

The image is of a barn on our street, lit by the dying day's light. Yep, The Magic Hour.

No comments: