Tuesday, March 16, 2010

365 Photo Project - Day 75

Taken: March 16, 2010, 9:30 p.m.
Location: Healdsburg, Ca.

Another long day of running around doing stuff. I wasn't sitting at my writing desk until nearly 4 p.m. though I did make the most of it. I started into some work on my novel and by nearly eight, I had almost 2000 words. That's a good writing day no matter how you measure it.

As much running around as I did, though, I didn't really have a chance to get a good photograph. I tried a few things but nothing came out. So I set out to "create" one tonight, using my pug Chamuco, a single white rose (that's the same one here) and a little lighting. It was a challenge to get the black pug and the white rose in the same shot but I sort of managed it.

A little editing in photoshop was all it too.

I'm too tired tonight to write more -- I left it all on the page tonight which is the point anyway. But I will have some stuff to talk about in the coming days.

I'd like to end with a good wish for my good and dear friend, Susie, who had to put her cat Molly to sleep today. Molly's been sick the last few months but it's always a sad day when you have to say goodbye to the beloved creatures in our lives. Y'all know how I feel about my animals. The ups and downs of dealing with my older pug Louie, who has been ailing himself, has put thoughts of the end in the front of my mind. I just hope he'll let me know when it's time. Like I've said before, he's a fighter. And right now, he's hanging on with all four paws.

Rest in peace, Molly. I hope there's a cat heaven waiting for you and it's filled with lots of fish treats and bowls catnip, claw scratchers and cozy spots by the heater.

No comments: