Monday, March 15, 2010

365 Photo Project - Day 74

Taken: March 15, 2010, approx. 5:30 p.m.
Location: Geyserville, Ca

This might go down as the weirdest shot of this project but I couldn't resist shooting it.

I was in neighboring Geyserville (it's the next town north of Healdsburg) for dinner at a great little Italian pizza and salumeria there called Diavola. It's next door to the relatively new very cool firehouse and on our way back from dinner, I stopped to take a photo of it.

They were running some sort of exercises in the back but this training dummy was all alone in the driveway. Too good to pass up, especially with the firehouse as the backdrop.  With the sun setting behind me, it made for one creepy image.

I had a long, tough day, mostly dominated by my having to take care of some business I've been dreading for several weeks. It's not something I want to talk about in detail but as much as I've been wanting to avoid this, I know I had no choice. Just hoping it gets better from here.  Just the effort itself wore the hell out of me, so this post is going to be short and sweet. And weird, too.

I shot this with my K100D and edited it in Photoshop.

No comments: