Thursday, March 25, 2010

365 Photo Project - Day 83


Taken: March 24, 2010, 7 p.m.
Location: Healdsburg, Ca

I was too tired to write yesterday and since I have to do a lot of writing for my day job today, this is going to be very short.

My shot of the day is of a local church. It's one of the few churches I pass by that's a building that interests me. I find most modern churches bore me architecturally at the very least. I like the simplicity of the white wash clapboard, how it harkens back to another time and place.

I couldn't resist trying this capture last night, what with the storm clouds brewing in the background and a weird light on the steeple. I want to thank my friend Glenn Camhi, an excellent photographer in his own right, for helping me tweak this in Photoshop for the effect I was after. Glenn is also a writer and we bonded on a writers board over words, food and photography. He has not only become a dear friend and confident for all sorts of life discussions, but he is my go-to guy when I can't decide on my photo of the day.  Take a minute (actually 3 minutes) to watch his funny and endearing L.A. Magazine short film contest entry, I've embedded below.




No comments: