Sunday, January 10, 2010

365 Photo Project - Day 10



Taken: January 10, 2010, approx. 2:10 p.m.
Location; Healdsburg, CA

Couple of new things today. First, I'm not spelling out the days anymore -- which means I'm in double figures. Which means I guess I'm truly committed now. Second, I'm putting up my first self-portrait. I'm probably like a lot of people in that I don't like photos of myself.  However, I think it's important as part of this process of documenting my life to document actual me along the way. So consider this the first of many self-portraits.

I've banished myself to my office today to write so that's where this was taken -- I hardly ever use the fluorescent lights in here, just a desk lamp and that's all the light I used for this photo.

This was my favorite of about 30 shots I took -- not ironically it shows less of me than any of them. (Make with that what you will -- you're probably right whatever you're thinking.) The shades were an add-on at the end partly because I haven't been sleeping well (last night I got four hours total) and my eyes look like they belong in the supermarket checkout line (will that be paper or plastic?). But also because I wear sunglasses all the time and think of them as part of my whole style, whatever that is. So they're practical and functional here. As you can see, I easily amuse myself.

Taken with my Pentax K100D using the built-in self-timer. I removed the color and did very minimal editing in Photoshop.

No comments: