Saturday, January 9, 2010

365 Photo Project - Day Nine


Taken: January 9, 2010
Location: Healdsburg, CA (Dry Creek Road), appox.  12:45 p.m.

It's a gloomy day in wine country. I had to run an errand to see a winemaker friend of mine which meant driving past my favorite oak tree in town. I've taken at least 100 pictures of this old guy. I just love the way its branches form a canopy over that little house by the side of the road. Sort of captures the whole spirit of this place.

I'm sure this won't be the last time I use this guy during the next year -- part of the fun has been watching it evolve through the seasons. This photo was taken with  my K100D and edited in Photoshop. I'm playing around with all those dials on my camera (file under: a little knowledge is a dangerous thing) and as you can see way underexposed this shot. To bring it out a little bit, I added a blue photo filter in PS.

No comments: