Sunday, July 11, 2010

365 Photo Project - Day 192

Taken: January 20, 2010
Location:  Davis, Ca.

Horrors. I don't have a photo for today, July 11, 2010. I'm going to blame it on technical difficulties and the fact that I'm neck-deep in my writing and well, I could bore you with a million excuses but it is what it is.

I must say that it bothered me a lot. Enough to make me wait a few days before putting up this post at all. I thought a lot about what to do and in the end just asked my friend Susie, who is the wisest person my age that I know. She talked me off my mental bridge and suggested I just put up an old photo. I decided on this one, a shot I took back in January when I was down at UC Davis with my pug, Louie.

I had already posted my shot for the day when I drove by this greenhouse on campus just around sunset. I drove a half mile down the road before turning around and going back. I've always loved the way this came out and happy to have the chance to throw it up here.

I hate to keep apologizing, but I will one more time for my lack of prose the last two weeks. I'm trying to finish that elusive new novel and another project and well, I know that as soon as I get it done, I'll have a lot to talk about. And won't you be the lucky ones for that?

I sure hope so. See you soon and thank you to everyone who continues to come visit. I am your biggest fans. I mean that.

No comments: