Friday, July 2, 2010

365 Photo Project - Day 183


Taken: July 2, 2010, 9 p.m.
Location: Healdsburg, Ca.

Long day of driving, heading north up the I-5 with a boatful of Fourth of July traffic. No big jams but lots of bobbing and weaving. Technology often promises more than it delivers but my iPhone's MLB At Bat app comes pretty darn close. For about $20 a season, it lets me listen to any daily baseball game on the radio. I can tune into the Mets games on the Mets hometown radio station (that's WFAN in New York) and listen to the game with the hometown broadcasters. I've said this before but the way it takes me back to my childhood days of listening to my little transistor radio under my pillow at night is remarkable. With the new iPhone 4, I was able to keep the game on during more than half of my long drive home. Bliss.

Sure made the ride shorter. And considering what and who was waiting for me when I got home, I didn't want to dawdle.  That's Louie my old man, half blind, all deaf pug, in today's image. The big question when I got there was whether I should wake him up. I'll never tell.

No comments: