Sunday, June 13, 2010

365 Photo Project - Day 164


Taken: June 13, 2010, approx. 6:30 p.m.
Location: St. Helena, Ca.

This is one of my most favorite people in the whole world. His name is Kana and he's a good friend's son. I've talked about him before here, about his love for baseball about his generous spirit and his excellent advice on dealing with the blahs (think about kittens).

I talk on the phone regularly with maybe four or five people, my parents among them. Kana is on that very short list. He calls me once a week or so and while I can't always answer, I love hearing from him. He updates me on his new baseball cards and we talk about the latest sports stuff, trades, teams -- his Yankees, my Mets, the haps at school, dumb stuff. He makes me laugh. I used to have a really good friend who lived here in Healdsburg who I could talk about sports with but he moved back East and now Kana is the one person who will listen to me blabber on about the Mets starting pitching. He has no idea the gift this is to me.

He's a very good kid and as you can see his rooting interests don't just reside in New York (he's had that jersey since before the Celtics won in 2004). He has a winning smile and a good and wonderful heart. Of course 99.9 percent of the credit goes to his very cool (and at the moment very pregnant) Mom. Those good looks too.  I'm just happy she shares that point one percent with me. One thing I know: everybody could use a little Kana in their life.

No comments: