Monday, January 12, 2009

Football and flying

Goat Rock Beach, Sonoma Coast California
Goat Rock Beach, Sonoma Coast California. Dec. 2008


Well, that sucked. Big time. Always hate losing but I could live with it if my boys had gone out in a blaze of glory but that game was awful. Worst coached game of the year by far and I have no idea how or why this fabulous coaching staff was outcoached so badly. I think Plax hurt the Giants in this game more than any other this season. The D played well but they just ran out of steam.

I'm telling you Osi cannot come back soon enough. And let's get Plax back on the field if that's possible. The Giants need to bring back their defensive coordinator -- hopefully he won't end up coaching somewhere else -- and get another big target for Eli to go with Plax (or instead of Plax) and get the D healthy again. All the pieces are there for a dominant team for a few years yet to come. They just need to get their mojo back. Be back in a few days to talk more football.

I'm writing this from Oakland Airport, up way before my usual wake-up time. I'm about to get on a flight to the F.L.A. to visit the folks and then it's on to Washington for the inauguration of Barack Hussein Obama as the 44th President of the United States.

I'm going to be blogging more about that as we get closer, including photos and video when I can. So stay tuned. I recently found out that the tickets I got (via my very cool brother) are sit-down VIP section seats so we're going to really get a great view of history.

No comments: