Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Bearing Witness

I'm too cold and tired to write anything much now but I didn't want to go sleep without posting a few photos of the day. It was a remarkable day, and wonderful and crazy, inspiring, awesome and a hundred words I can't think of right now. You just can't imagine what it was like to be in that crowd of humanity and have such a warm feeling of hope and possibilities. History, people. History.

I'll have more to say when I have a chance to gather my thoughts. Until then, here's a few photos (some of which were taken by my brother, who had a longer lens than I did and was therefore, able to get much closer to the action).

The sun rises on a great day in the nation's capitol.

My brother with Blanche and Bessie, two sisters we met from Detroit.
Bessie was at Martin Luther King's "I Have A Dream" speech.

Like father, like son.
The Capitol

The podium was right in front of that red draped doorway.
President Obama takes the Oath of Office.
The crowd. Wow, right? I mean wow.


No comments: