Friday, November 21, 2008

Pug-O-Rama

I'm addicted to pugs.

Ever since I rescued a half-blind, half-deaf pug three years ago, I have fallen head over tail for the breed. At the risk of further alienating my well-meaning friends who think I've gone completely batshit, I'm going to explore my obsession a little deeper over the coming weeks.

You may still think I'm crazy, but at least you'll understand me better. My opening salvo is this link to a live webcast of two pugs hanging out at home. The webcam was set up by the pugs' owners, so they could keep an eye on their dogs from work. Okay, so not much happens for the most part but it's also not like watching paint dry either. The pugs -- Scooter and Kiki -- hang out, sleep a lot and watch TV. Every so often, one or both of them will charge the TV or the cat who shows up occasionally. The owner has a mic at work and he talks to the pugs sometimes and plays them stuff -- they love one of the Geico commercials apparently.

And if you have the sound up, you can hear them snoring while they sleep. Some might find it annoying but it's a natural sound in my office at home, as my pugs sleep at my feet. I'm so used to the snoring that it's strange when I'm working away from home (like now). Check it out and see for yourself. One note: the live broadcast is only up from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. EST .

No comments: