Thursday, January 31, 2008

And Now for Something Completely Different...

I'm a Giants fan. Been a Giants fan since I knew what a football was. My favorite players were named Ron Johnson and Spider Lockhart. I was a Giants fan when Joe P. at QB muffed a last-second play that the Eagles Herm Edwards ran back for a game-winning touchdown. Before Tuna and L.T. and Phil Simms. Before there was even an endzone at the Meadowlands to bury Jimmy Hoffa in.

You get it? I'm a BIG fan. And yet. And yet, the Super Bowl hype is boring me to fucking tears. So little of interest, it's killing me. Let's just play the damn game already.

I can't move up the game but I can provide some intermission from the boredom. Here then are a few recent photos from my hood.

I'll be back before Sunday to offer my Super Bowl predictions.

The first photo is out my back door, taken around 7 a.m. PST. Yep, that's a sun RISE folks. Pretty awesome, ain't it? The second one is the same view later in the date, taken during a lull from recent storms. And the third was taken Tuesday morning around 2:30 a.m., of the moon as it was disappearing behind some clouds.








No comments: