Tuesday, June 12, 2007

On the Road Again

I'm on the road back to L.A. for some meetings again. As much as I'd rather be in my idyllic setting up in Sonoma, the biz keeps pulling me back into Htown.

Wouldn't you know it? This quick two-day trip just so happens to coincide with S.O.L.'s Mets road trip to Dodger Stadium. Lucky for me, I'm going to tonight's game. Though the way the Amazin's are playing these days, I might have to go to the game with a bag over my head.

Struggling is part of a baseball season. That's why there are all books about slumps and superstions. It is a long season - six months, almost seven now that the World Series could go into November. The Mets have injuries to deal with and the pitching couldn't be near perfect all year. So Willie's boys will struggle a bit and hopefully chalk it up to experience. When they find their grove, it'll be lights out.

Speaking of darkness, S.O.L. may have been right about The Sopranos, but I'm looking a bit shaky with my belief in LeBron and the Cavs.

I'm not giving up yet. Let's see how it goes tonight in Cleveland. Boobie is starting. LeBron is pissed. The Spurs have got to hit an oil patch, right?

signing off from
Big Sky Cafe
San Luis Opisbo, CA

2 comments:

Graham Flashner said...

Man, it's a good thing S.O.L. opted not to go to Wednesday night's game. I'm all for struggling, but this is ridiculous. Now the Mets, losers of 9 of 10, have to go to the House That A-Rod Bought, and play the Yankees, winners of 8 straight. Wake me when it's over.

S.O.L. said...

Have faith, GFlash. Have faith. The Mets will find their way again.