Saturday, August 7, 2010

365 Photo Project - Day 219

Taken: August 7, 2010
Location: Healdsburg, CA

I have alluded to this day in previous posts, rather cryptically.  This day right here is the first day of the rest of my life. And that's no mere cliche. I'm deadly serious.

I have been slightly overweight for the last 10 years or so but worse is how I've felt. Tired, achy, lethargic, low energy and a host of aches and pains I've been attributing to getting older. I've decided to do something about that. After consulting with my doctor, I chose a detox diet -- basically a diet where I'm eliminating certain foods that can cause allergic reactions and intolerances in people. Those foods in no particular order: caffeine, dairy, glutens, nightshade vegetables, table sugar, eggs, red meats, and of course all that crap they pack into processed foods. Anybody who knows me knows that I have my own personal food groups, which are cream, butter, salt and bacon with chocolate as the dessert. I don't think I've gone two days in a row my whole life without eating one item on that list. Well, that's about to change.

Starting tomorrow, I'm changing my life. The diet I'm doing is a basic 7-day plan that you can expand to three weeks -- or with modifications for life if you want. I'm shooting for three weeks to start and I'll see how I feel. I don't expect it to be easy.  As I write this blog entry, I've gone without coffee for six days, one of my real food loves. Making and drinking my morning coffee has become a ritual with me. New me, new ritual.

We'll see how it goes and I'll try to report back to y'all how it's going.

No comments: